In the ten AG races, all incumbents were reelected. Republicans picked up Missouri, and retained the open seat in Indiana. Democrats retained open seats in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Vermont.
The AG landscape now has 28 Republican AGs and 22 Democratic AGs. New Hampshire elected Republican Chris Sununu as Governor. It is widely expected that Governor-elect Sununu will appoint a Republican AG, which would bring the AG count to 29 Republicans and 21 Democrats.
INDIANA – Open Seat
Curtis Hill (R) defeated Lorenzo Arredondo (D) by a margin of 62.3% to 37.7% with 99% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Lorenzo Arredondo, Retired Circuit Judge
- ✓ Republican: Curtis Hill, Elkhart County Prosecutor
MISSOURI – Open Seat
Josh Hawley (R) defeated Teresa Hensley (D) by a margin of 58.7% to 41.3% with 99% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Teresa Hensley, former Cass County Prosecutor
- ✓ Republican: Josh Hawley, law professor at the University of Missouri School of Law and former clerk for U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts
MONTANA – Incumbent
Incumbent Tim Fox (R) defeated Larry Jent (D) by a margin of 67.6% to 32.4% with 100% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Larry Jent, former State Senator
- ✓ Republican: Incumbent AG Tim Fox
NORTH CAROLINA – Open Seat
Josh Stein (D) defeated Buck Newton (R) by a margin of 50.2% to 49.8% (approximately 20,500 votes) with 100% precincts reporting.
- ✓ Democrat: Josh Stein, State Senator and former Senior Deputy Attorney General
- Republican: Buck Newton, State Senator and former Wilson County GOP Chair
OREGON – Incumbent
Incumbent Ellen Rosenblum (D) defeated Daniel Zene Crowe (R) by a margin of 54.9% to 42% with 98% precincts reporting.
- ✓ Democrat: Incumbent AG Ellen Rosenblum
- Republican: Daniel Zene Crowe, former U.S. Army Judge Advocate
PENNSYLVANIA – Open Seat
Josh Shapiro (D) defeated John Rafferty (R) by a margin of 51.3% to 48.7% with 99% precincts reporting.
- ✓ Democrat: Josh Shapiro, Montgomery County Commissioner and former State Representative
- Republican: John Rafferty, State Senator
UTAH – Incumbent
Incumbent Sean Reyes (R) defeated Jon Harper (D) by a margin of 65.5% to 25.5% with 78% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Jon V. Harper, attorney*
*Harper dropped out of the race on September 21 citing medical reasons; His name will appear on the ballot.
- ✓ Republican: Incumbent AG Sean Reyes
- Independent: Michael Isbell, Retired Attorney
- Libertarian: W. Andrew McCullough, Attorney
VERMONT – Open Seat
T.J. Donovan (D) defeated Deborah Bucknam (R) by a margin of 66.6% to 29.5% with 100% precincts reporting.
- ✓ Democrat: T.J. Donovan, Chittenden County States Attorney and 2012 AG Candidate
- Republican: Deborah Bucknam, former Vermont Republican Party Vice Chair
WASHINGTON – Incumbent
Incumbent Bob Ferguson (D) defeated Joshua Trumbull (L) by a margin of 68.7% to 31.3% with 67% precincts reporting. There was no Republican in the race.
- ✓ Democrat: Incumbent AG Bob Ferguson
- Republican: None
- Libertarian: Joshua B. Turnbull
WEST VIRGINIA – Incumbent
Incumbent Patrick Morrisey (R) has won the West Virginia AG race over Doug Reynolds (D) by a margin of 51.7% to 41.9% with 100% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Doug Reynolds, State Delegate and Attorney
- ✓ Republican: Incumbent AG Patrick Morrisey