In the ten AG races, all incumbents were reelected. Republicans picked up Missouri, and retained the open seat in Indiana. Democrats retained open seats in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Vermont.
INDIANA – Open Seat
Curtis Hill (R) defeated Lorenzo Arredondo (D) by a margin of 62.3% to 37.7% with 99% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Lorenzo Arredondo, Retired Circuit Judge
- ✓ Republican: Curtis Hill, Elkhart County Prosecutor
MISSOURI – Open Seat
Josh Hawley (R) defeated Teresa Hensley (D) by a margin of 58.7% to 41.3% with 99% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Teresa Hensley, former Cass County Prosecutor
- ✓ Republican: Josh Hawley, law professor at the University of Missouri School of Law and former clerk for U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts
MONTANA – Incumbent
Incumbent Tim Fox (R) defeated Larry Jent (D) by a margin of 67.6% to 32.4% with 100% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Larry Jent, former State Senator
- ✓ Republican: Incumbent AG Tim Fox
NORTH CAROLINA – Open Seat
Josh Stein (D) defeated Buck Newton (R) by a margin of 50.2% to 49.8% (approximately 20,500 votes) with 100% precincts reporting.
- ✓ Democrat: Josh Stein, State Senator and former Senior Deputy Attorney General
- Republican: Buck Newton, State Senator and former Wilson County GOP Chair
OREGON – Incumbent
Incumbent Ellen Rosenblum (D) defeated Daniel Zene Crowe (R) by a margin of 54.9% to 42% with 98% precincts reporting.
- ✓ Democrat: Incumbent AG Ellen Rosenblum
- Republican: Daniel Zene Crowe, former U.S. Army Judge Advocate
PENNSYLVANIA – Open Seat
Josh Shapiro (D) defeated John Rafferty (R) by a margin of 51.3% to 48.7% with 99% precincts reporting.
- ✓ Democrat: Josh Shapiro, Montgomery County Commissioner and former State Representative
- Republican: John Rafferty, State Senator
UTAH – Incumbent
Incumbent Sean Reyes (R) defeated Jon Harper (D) by a margin of 65.5% to 25.5% with 78% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Jon V. Harper, attorney*
*Harper dropped out of the race on September 21 citing medical reasons; His name will appear on the ballot.
- ✓ Republican: Incumbent AG Sean Reyes
- Independent: Michael Isbell, Retired Attorney
- Libertarian: W. Andrew McCullough, Attorney
VERMONT – Open Seat
T.J. Donovan (D) defeated Deborah Bucknam (R) by a margin of 66.6% to 29.5% with 100% precincts reporting.
- ✓ Democrat: T.J. Donovan, Chittenden County States Attorney and 2012 AG Candidate
- Republican: Deborah Bucknam, former Vermont Republican Party Vice Chair
WASHINGTON – Incumbent
Incumbent Bob Ferguson (D) defeated Joshua Trumbull (L) by a margin of 68.7% to 31.3% with 67% precincts reporting. There was no Republican in the race.
- ✓ Democrat: Incumbent AG Bob Ferguson
- Republican: None
- Libertarian: Joshua B. Turnbull
WEST VIRGINIA – Incumbent
Incumbent Patrick Morrisey (R) has won the West Virginia AG race over Doug Reynolds (D) by a margin of 51.7% to 41.9% with 100% precincts reporting.
- Democrat: Doug Reynolds, State Delegate and Attorney
- ✓ Republican: Incumbent AG Patrick Morrisey